Friday 12 April 2013

8th of April BIG FISH


text at the bottom of the page.









Today we went to Bungsamram Lake to fish for big catfish.  We arrived there early and sat around for some 15 minutes before hooking into a huge one.  We had a private fishing hut and 2 guides to help.  We cast in the rods using balls of pounded up rice hulls and about 25 minutes later I caught a 17-pound catfish (average size).  In the morning the fishing was slow, come 11.30 the big fish were out and Dad caught an average size catfish. After Dad pulled in that fish, I hooked a 30-kilo Mekong Catfish and the battle was on.  It took me 15 minutes to land this monster.  Eddy (the runner of the show) took a photo which he is going to upload onto the website.  Later on in the day the fishing got even better, all up Dad and I caught at least 25 fish and they were all giants.  Boy I slept well this night (everything is hurting).

No comments:

Post a Comment